Monday 6 June 2016

Cherry Pie Bars

These bars are super quick and easy to make!
According to my mother the crust is similar to a sponge cake...since I don't think I've ever eaten one, we will just have to take her word for it! (She's always right ;)
I made the mistake of putting it in the fridge overnight which really dried them out, so it is better to eat these fresh.
According to my sister Jen "this dessert is way better than a blizzard from DQ!"...I wont tell you that Jen doesn't really like blizzards...but if that don't make you want to eat them then I'm not sure what will!! ;)




Photo credit: Jennifer



3/4 cup margarine
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
3/4 tsp salt

2 (18oz.) cans cherry pie filling

3/4 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp. milk

- Cream together margarine and sugar, add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour and salt, mix well.
- Spread 2 cups of batter in the bottom of a greased 9x13 cake pan.
- Spread cherries on top, and dot with remaining cake batter.
- Bake @ 350F for 40-60 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool.
- Mix together milk and icing sugar, drizzle over cake.
- ENJOY!

Photo credit: Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment