on sunday we had a picnic at the park after church, so saturday evening i tried two new desserts from pinterest and they both turned out really good! but this one was the favourite!!
I had never thought of putting cream cheese icing on anything rhubarb before, but it actually tastes AMAZING!
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup margarine
2 cups sugar
7 tbsp. flour
1 cup cream
5 cups chopped rhubarb
8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup cream
-Beat together crust ingredients with hand mixer.
-Press into a greased 9x13 cake pan.
-Bake @ 350F for 10 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together flour and sugar.
- Add cream and eggs, beat until smooth with a hand mixer.
- Fold in rhubarb.
- Pour over crust, bake @ 350F for 40-50 minutes, or until custard is set.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla with hand mixer until smooth.
- in a separate bowl, beat cream by hand with a whisk until it is slightly thick, but not as thick as whipped cream.
- Add cream to cream cheese mixture, a little at a time, until it is desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cake, cover and chill for a few hours or overnight.