Saturday 16 April 2016

Deep Fried Tortilla Chips


Super easy and delicious homemade chips!
 Ingredients:
Oil (for deep frying)
Tortilla shells (I used whole wheat, medium sized)
Salt

• Turn deep fryer on to 375F.
• Lay tortilla shells on a cookie sheet, bake in the oven @350F for 5 minutes, (this dries the shells so they fry better).
• Allow tortilla shells to cool for a few minutes.
• Cut each shell into 8 triangles.
• Put cut up shells in deep fryer, stirring constantly for 30-40 seconds (depending on how much of a crunch you want) until lightly browned.
 • Lay chips on paper towel to drain oil off.
 • While chips are still hot sprinkle with salt. (next time I make these I'm gonna try sprinkling popcorn seasoning on them...I think it would be delish!)
ENJOY!







1 comment:

  1. Godly-Young-Widow21 April 2016 at 16:57

    I've tried these, only baked. Dipped in oil(usually canola, but I have tried corn oil and olive oil) and put on a baking sheet, and baked at 350 for about 10 minutes. I tried seasonings but found I like them better just as is. I have yet to try it with melted coconut oil. Awesome alternative to chips with more salt than some can handle.

    ReplyDelete