well y'all, I tried five times over the weekend to make a gluten free banana bread, and every single one of them crumbled when i tried to slice them. so i changed my plan and came up with this, its not banana bread, but it is super moist and just plain yummy.
i had to guard this stuff with my life just to get a picture of it...so i think it passed the test :) and hopefully my mother will forgive me for using so many of our bananas :D
1/4 cup margarine
1/2 cup white sugar (or 3/4 cup coconut sugar)
1/4 cup milk
3/4 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add all dry ingredients except for chocolate chips, mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Bake @ 350F for 20-3o minutes, or until toothpick comes out almost clean from the center.
- Cool, and serve upside down.
*Disclaimer* I don't have a gluten allergy, so if you do, eat at your own risk.