Wednesday 23 August 2017

Chocolate Banana Muffins ~ Sugar Free

Well y'all, its been close to a year since I last posted a recipe :O 
life has been a little on the crazy side lately, and I really haven't done a lot of cooking in general, but now that harvest is upon us I have found my way back in the kitchen:) 
Since i am trying my best to NOT gain 10 pounds this harvest with all the yummy desserts my sis-in-law (aka. Becca!!) makes, my goal is to make a healthyish version of what she makes everyday without it tasting like cardboard...because ain't nobody like cardboard. 
Last night she made chocolate cake, so I made this.
It did not disappoint!
Hopefully I will be posting lots more recipes on here this harvest...otherwise it means I have failed and am gaining ten pounds...or everything tastes like cardboard...
Enjoy :)



1 cup whole wheat flour (or white flour)
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup cocoa

1 egg
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt (plain or greek works as well)
1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
6-7 tbsp. truvia OR 6-7 doonks stevia (I did half stevia and half truvia)
2 ripe bananas, mashed

3/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped into chocolate chip size

- Mix first 5 ingredients together.
- In a separate bowl mix eggs, yogurt, coconut oil, vanilla, sweetener and bananas together until well blended.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients together and fold in chocolate.
- Drop into greased muffin tins (makes 12)
- Bake @ 350F for 8-15 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment