Thursday 26 October 2017

Simple Chicken Vegetable Soup

Soup season is here!
This one is delicious and makes you feel so warm inside! <3
That was cheesy...
I have decided to cook through this cookbook this winter (I know its still fall, but there is currently snow on the ground...therefore it is pretty much winter.)
This recipe is inspired by "Chicken Chipotle Tortilla Soup" from the book mentioned above, but I seem to have a ?bad? habit of changing most recipes I try, so I left out all the ingredients I am not supposed to eat right now, or didn't have, and I few more that I was just to lazy to add, then I changed a few of the measurements. 
This is the result!


(serves 2)

1 tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup onion, sliced
1/2 tsp minced garlic

2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup tomatoes, diced (I used canned)
1 raw chicken breast (cut into 4 chunks)

1/2 cup cauliflower, sliced
pepper (to taste)
salt (to taste)

1 avocado

- Place oil, onion and garlic in a small saucepan, simmer until onions are soft.
- Add chicken, tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-25 minutes until chicken is tender enough to shred with a fork.
- Once chicken is cooked, add cauliflower, salt and pepper. Simmer until cauliflower is soft.
- Serve soup with sliced avocado and shredded cheese on top.
- ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment